- I would ask her or him to have a seat and whether they would like a drink.
- I would ask how they felt about their job.
- I would ask them if they felt guilty about taking life or whether they find it fulfilling.
- I would express my sympathy at them having a thankless job.
- I would ask what I should do to be prepared for my own death.
- I would ask if there is an afterlife.
- I would ask which religions got it right or if the atheists are right.
- I would ask what she or he does on her or his day off.
- I would ask if she or he always wore black or if that is a business uniform.
- I would ask if she or he used the scythe or if it is the trademark of the business.
- I would ask why she or he hid her or his face.
- I would ask to see her or his face.
- I would ask her or him to bring me a souvenir from the other side.
- I would ask if she or he accepts tips.
©2017 Stephen L. Martin
Painting: Artist Unknown Life and Death
Image from Wellcome Trust, Wellcome Library, London Copyrighted work available under Creative Commons Attribution only licence CC BY 4.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/