Here is my answer:
- I am very thoughtful. I thought for quite a while on how to title this post. (“If they are asking me, it should be …the perks of dating you. Wait that doesn’t sound right.”)
- I am incurably curious. Luckily, I have eight lives left.
- We will have stimulating conversations (coffee optional).
- I am culinarily curious.
- I read.
- I have guitars. You can play them if you want.
- I have a cat. You can play with him if you want.
- I’m a secular Buddhist. But you can be anything you want (that doesn’t involve human sacrifice.).
- I don’t like action adventure movies.
- I like independent and foreign films.
- I have wide ranging taste in music that includes belly dancing music.
- I am unattached to my facial hair. You want me with a beard, OK. You want me without one, OK.
- I can be geeky. I am an electrical engineer by training. When I wasn’t in my lab reanimating life, I designed audio products and architectural lighting.
- I can be cultured. I spent four years writing classical music. Listening to it is optional.
- I am really good at listening…and stealthily passing everything you say to headquarters.
- I have a disarming friendliness and open-mindedness. Don’t worry I will re-arm you with a flyswatter and have you fight on the side of the revolutionary underground (Dear Mister homeland security agent, this is a joke). Dear reader, it isn’t.
- I have about 100 different spices in my kitchen.
- My house is fun.
- I once had my paperwork organized by its geographical location on the floor of my home office. I thought about putting down tape to designate which section is for the electric bills, mortgage payment, etc. That would be a perk, wouldn’t it?
©2016 Stephen L. Martin
Photo: Me with Optional Facial Hair