- Snap out of it.
- It’s all in your head.
- You’re lazy.
- You should go for a walk.
- I feel depressed too.
- You are being self-indulgent.
- Think of all those people who have it worse than you do.
- You are just feeling sorry for yourself.
- You need to think positively.
- If you took better care of yourself, this wouldn’t happen.
- How can I help?
- Would you like to talk?
- I am here for you.
- Would you like a hug?
- You are important to me.
- I love you.
©2016 Stephen L. Martin
Painting: Sorrowing old man (‘At Eternity’s Gate’) by Vincent van Gogh